Araneida: a free CL web server
Araneida is a small extensible CL-based web server, designed to
sit behind a proxying Apache but also capable of being run standalone.
- SBCL. Probably also works with CMUCL/db-sockets with only fairly minor tweaking
- SBCL contrib packages: asdf, sb-bsd-sockets
- Other ASDF
packages from cCLan: net-telent-date
See the NEWS file
- Free - BSD-sans-advertising licence, but
for the modification that I'm not the Regents of the University of California
- Does not use multiple threads. Hooks into the SBCL/CMUCL event loop so
for many purposes it behaves as though it does.
- Designed to sit behind a caching proxy; can write appropriate
bits of Apache config.
If this bothers you, pretend that mod_proxy is a typo for
mod_araneida. This includes playing nicely with SSL
- Understands HTTP/1.1 Host: header for multiple host support
- All content is dynamic and created by calling user-defined
handler functions (there is a handler in there already that outputs
files, if you need it)
- Cheesy HTML-from-sexpr generation function makes balancing
tags suddenly trivially simple (if tending to generate lots of
Where to get it
- Via your favourite cCLan mirror
Please don't link to pages on this site other than the one you're
looking at now: the documentation is in need of some restructuring and
its URLs will change.
$Date: 2003/11/09 03:27:17 $ Daniel Barlow