ASDF is a popular “system construction tool”. The package
slime-asdf provides some commands to load and compile such
systems from Emacs. ASDF itself is not included with
SLIME; you have to load that yourself into your Lisp. In
particular, you must load ASDF before you connect, otherwise
you will get errors about missing symbols.
- M-x slime-load-system NAME
Compile and load an ASDF system. The default system name is taken
from the first file matching *.asd in the current directory.
- M-x slime-open-system NAME &optional LOAD
Open all files in a system, optionally load it if LOAD is non-nil.
- M-x slime-browse-system NAME
Browse files in a system using Dired.
The package also installs some new REPL shortcuts (see Shortcuts):
- Compile (as needed) and load an ASDF system.
- Compile (but not load) an ASDF system.
- Recompile (but not load) an ASDF system.
- Recompile and load an ASDF system.
- Open all files in a system.
- Browse files in a system using Dired.