[Bese-devel] Re: patches not in the darcs repos

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed May 3 19:19:15 UTC 2006

"Nathan Bird" <nathan at acceleration.net> writes:

> I see from time to time, patches like this http://uncommon-web.com/darcsweb/
> darcsweb.cgi?r=ucw_public;a=commit;h=
> 20060304153343-dd2a1-8df6a3c66adaba7fef54530e989f690c83fcf83d.gz ?Move the
> yaclml directory into the new html directory? from Marco.
>
> This patch isn?t in the ucw_dev repository.  That particular patch I believe I
> applied to ucw_public, when I was uploading some other patches to ucw_public a
> week ago, I figured that it was just one that hadn?t gotten pushed over from
> dev to public yet. But then when I got a fresh copy of ucw_dev I find that the
> patch isn?t present in that repository. But if I didn?t get it from ucw_dev or
> ucw_public, I?m not sure where it did come from.

you got it from ucw_public, i accidentally pushed it late one night
when i'd had a bit too much to drink and wanted to restructure ucw's
directory layout...

> Looking at the tree of ucw_dev http://uncommon-web.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=
> ucw_dev;a=tree;f=/src you can also see that the effects of the patch aren?t
> there.

it turned out to be a gratuitous change and i thought better of it.

> I?ve seen this on one or two other patches in the last couple of months, but
> don?t have any specific links. The question is, do you know why this might be
> happening? Have you unpulled or unrecorded (rather than rollback) patches from
> the ucw_dev repo? Am I doing something wrong with darcs? Is this a bug in
> darcs?
>
> This hasn?t been to much of a problem, but I?m really curious as to why it is
> happening.

the short story is that i do stupid things from time to time. you're
doing everything right it's just that there are some patches is
ucw_public which i have no intention of applying to ucw_dev (and
should in fact unrec from ucw_public).

when stupid things like this happen _please_ bug me and make sure i
keep things clean.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.