[Bese-devel] request dispatching

Wojciech Kaczmarek wojtekk at kofeina.net
Tue Mar 14 18:08:53 UTC 2006

Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
> Wojciech Kaczmarek <wojtekk at kofeina.net> writes:
>> I'm not willing to start a
>> flame here; please just consider that, in the case of our UCW
>> dispatcher changes, one can learn a lot. Fortunately Marco seems keep
>> macros for old behaviour so we aren't forced to learn it all right
>> now. Best of both worlds.
> I can't see you flaming and I can't see me flaming also. We have
> different opinions and we have to accept it. I just think just for
> getting something bette done kiling every application out there is not
> a wise choice. I'm quite happy if the defentry stuff will stay. I can
> see the points of collecting things in one place but I can see also
> see the point keepin the defentry near the stuff which is behind it.
>
> So I think it is the "right" thing what Marco has done.

Actually my first reaction to these (and some other) code changes was
something like "oh no, this can break my stuff again"; but it's my
decision to stick with develompent version. I do it mostly because it's
fast way to learn things.

Speaking of versions.. looks like we don't run any form of release
management here. Darcs is quite good for moving patches back and forth
between repositories and I think that so far everone's doing some form
of management for own purposes. Well maybe it's time to discuss if it's
sufficient or not.